low power above 4k rpm

David Pertuz d.pertuz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 11:40:26 EST 2018

Finally fixed the primary fueling problem with new injectors and then new
O-rings on those injectors (for some reason the new ones didn't come with
O-rings and I initially reused the ones I had, which led to problems on two
cylinders) and the car runs normally for normal driving. But I noticed
yesterday that it still more or less falls on its face above about 4000rpm.
It's not a hard ignition or fuel cut, but it stutters and power sort of
plateaus.

I've got some time today so I'm going to check the ECU for codes (it's been
so long since I've done that that I have to look it up again) and will pull
the plugs to inspect them for clues. Ignition components don't have much
mileage on them but may do ignition tune up anyway because why not? But I
thought I'd check with y'all for ideas, too. If nothing else, it's a bit of
activity here!

David
in warm, rainy Chicago