Driving roads - suggestions

Jim Crate jimcfl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 19:52:10 EDT 2015

> Just as obviously, I am first going straight to the NC mountains - e.g. US
> 28, Tail, Cherohala. I will probably end up in Knoxville from here though
> if I gave myself the time I could go NE up to Virginia and then west
> through WV and OH.

Well, if you want to get that far east, there is a NASA event at VIR that weekend.  It’s a beautiful track, maybe worth dropping by on your way through.

In the eastern part of WV there are lots of nice roads, like US 33, US 219, US 250.  US33 in particular has a pretty incredible pass right at the WV/VA border, but when I came through on the bike this summer it was a little scary with high winds and rain.  US33 west from Franklin through Judy Gap is also a nice section of road. US19 north out of Princeton, WV is a beautiful road too, from what I remember.

Jim