Inexpensive Rocker Arm Source?

Erik Halvorson hammer_down at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 09:41:42 EDT 2014

So, the low budget rebuild on the running SR20DE engine with a "tap" noise (from my Father's 92), for my Daughter's NX2k just got a bit more expensive. At some point in it's life, (I am betting prior to my Father since vehicle maintenance is one of those things he is very anal about), the oil was run LONG between changes. It coked up and then with each oil change there after the varnish/coke sloughed off and clogged the cam lobe oil squirters. The Cam lobes are all worn down quite a lot and the rocker arms have valleys in the convex curve sliding surfaces. So the source of the "tap" now reveals itself.... :^(

Does anyone have an inexpensive source for rocker arms? Courtesy has them for $22.85 ea ($185.80/set) and maybe that is the best I can do.

I found 2 good stock cams in my pile-O-parts, so I am good there, but all my used rocker arms show too much wear for me to have that good feeling if I used them for reassembly...

Let me know,

Erik