electric power steering

David Pertuz d.pertuz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:06:56 EDT 2014

Not to pile on, but you were confusing electric *steering* with electric
*assist*. :) The Q50 has electric steering, other cars have electric
assist. Carmakers have been moving from electric to hydraulic assist
largely because of fuel-consumption concerns - the parasitic losses are
drastically lower than with a hydraulic pump. Packaging is better, too.
However, FMVSS requires a direct mechanical connection between the steering
wheel and steered wheels, and the Q50 does have this.

David
Chcago