What is everyone driving now?

Steve Hirsch shirsch at ptc.com
Mon Jul 28 16:09:23 EDT 2014

I drove a '93 SE-R from 1996 through 2003.  The moment I looked at the car I knew I was going to buy
it.  It was burgandy red, exactly the color I wanted.  Loved that car; in hindsight it represents
the post-college pre-engagement phase of my life.

Since 2004 I drive an '04 WRX.  It's been a very good car; unstoppable and fun in the snow, and held
its own through a few HPDE's back in 05-07.  Unfortunately I didn't actually love this car for very
long; it lacked the ballsy-ness of the early (US market) STi's, and (IMO) the Legacy GT, 05-09 era,
was a much better everyday car. (Better engine & trans.)

I totally agree with another poster's coment about the RSX-S, feeling like an evolution of the
original SE-R.  A friend at work has an '03 since new, which I've driven a few times over the years,
and that's always my exact reaction when I get behind the wheel. The revvy-ness of the engine,
directness of the mechanical stuff (steering & shifting mainly), general simplistic-ness of the car,
especially by today's standards but even for a decade ago, I think.

Steve
'87 GTI (1994-1996)
'93 SE-R (1996-2003)
'04 WRX (2004- )