What is everyone driving now?

Erik Halvorson hammer_down at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 28 12:15:08 EDT 2014

Daily Driver during the good weather months (No De-Icer) is a 1989 Nissan HCR32 (not mentioning the "Sky...." word here).  GTS-t M-type, so it has the leather steering wheel and shift knob, along with the small rear spoiler and an auto-deployed spoiler that lowers int eh front at speeds over 40mph.  Swapped in an RB25DET and manual trans.  Has an intermittent short that can drain the battery in about 4 hours, or 4 days or maybe not at all...  I disconnect the neg cable when I leave it for any length of time.  Pretty much stock.  Repaired the AC a couple months back so it is even more enjoyable to drive in eastern WA's 100+ heat in July and Aug.  It has some JDM street springs that lowered the car about 1-1/2".  Bilstein sport dampers.

I drive my Son's SE-R once a week while he is away in our USMC serving our great country.  It is Aaron Prothero's old red SE-R.  It has a plethora of bolt-on mods along with JWT S3HL cams (couldn't figure out why the idle was lopy until we popped the VC and did some poking around and discovered some JWT goodness inside.)  Fun car but needs suspension and brake work to match the engine.  In the process of gathering AC parts to install on this non-AC equipped car, then recovering the headliner and getting some 20% tint installed.

2001 Ford UAV (urban assault vehicle) otherwise known as a turbo diesel  Excursion Limited that pulls the horses or the wife's camp trailer and is my daily during the crappy weather months.  It is a tank but is also a very nice cross country cruiser.

Wife drive's 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5SL.  Adding 17x7.5 wheels and 235/45-17 tires made a world of difference to the handling capabilities of this vehicle.

Non-operable projects:
Daughter's 91 NX2k
Father's 67 Ford Bronco
1969 Datsun 510 wagon
1972 Datsun 510 2dr with SR20DE

Just finished installing George Roffe's old SR20DET form his G20 into my Father's 92 SE-R.  He loves it!