engine support with the crossmember removed

Erik Halvorson hammer_down at hotmail.com
Thu May 23 13:59:44 CDT 2013

LOL, which is why I always prefer the "no pressure as to when I have to get it done" engine swap.  My R32 GTS-t with the R33 RB25DET swap is running like a top from the day it first fired.  Heh heh heh.  Still my daily driver after, what, going on 5 or 6 years now.  Yep, no pressure deadline swaps tend to turn out better....  My Son's KA pickup swap is running excellent too.  That took a month.  I will let you know when I finish my Classic Bronco swap (1997 Explorer 5.0 with all the electronic goodies) but that one looks like it is going to last 3 years...  :-O

I have done the rod bearing swap with the engine still in the car.   I suppose it was worth the headache of pulling the engine.  I let is sit a week and drip once the pan was off.   But, yes, car up on Jack stands, tall ones up front, short in back, a two step lift for the front, the second with a big peice of timber left over from the "horse stables" .  Drop the engine/trans out the bottom still on the cross member with a hoist (I like a cable hoist for slow controlled safety).  Drag it out the front when it is on the floor.

Cheers all!

Erik