Noise turning right

George Roffe geo31 at suddenlink.net
Tue Mar 6 09:10:05 CST 2012

Jim,
Can you be a little more descriptive of the noise? First thought goes to soft engine mount either causing some vibration (classic symptom for the classic) or that something is rubbing something it shoulding. This could include exhaust vibration, betls rubbing something or ??? Hard to guess without a better description. Look for some witness marks. I wonder if the engine could be rising up enough to contact the fire mat under the hood?
Geo

---- Jim Wright <wrightj at apple.com> wrote:

Yesterday I had a new noise, wanted to hit the list for some ideas. I was taking a fairly sharp right hand turn at about 45MPH, at the sharpest point in the turn I heard a roaring noise coming from what seemed to be the right side front. I tried again on a similar turn at slower speed, nothing, no problems straight line, managed to hear it briefly on another right at similar speed.

Since this is only turning and not straight line, I think the bearings are OK, and this may be CV joint? It might be a day or so before I can get under the car with a light, anyone have any other thoughts? Model is '06 Sentra SE-R Spec V.

Thanks!