Reviving my interest, was: Old times

Erik Halvorson hammer_down at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:25:59 CDT 2011

With all this SE-R/NX/G20 talk, you all are making me itch to have one again....  so instead it looks like I get to work on one: My Step Dad called up the other day and was asking what he should do for his.   over 240k on the odo.   It has a tap in the engine.   We replaced the tensioner but it only made a slight reduction in the magnitude of the tap.  So with that many miles I am thinking either an SR20VE or the DET.....  Though I need to complete his Early Bronco Restoration-Lite first...  The Bronco is a 1967, so we are installing a 1997 5.0 (GT40P heads and manifold) and the AODE transmission.   Already upgraded to the DANA 44 front axle with Disc brakes.  Installing power steering (use parts form 2 boxes to make one stronger than the later factory EB box), tilt column, rewire the whole chassis and install some other creature comforts....   just a small endeavor.  As for an SR powered car, I will have to get my arse in gear on my PL510 and the N/A SR I have for it...

Cheers,
Erik Halvorson