holy crap!

Wade Jackson srwadet at cox.net
Wed Apr 6 09:17:28 CDT 2011

---- "Kieran A. Lavin" <kieran at kieranlavin.com> wrote:
> HOLY.... CRAP!  How the heck did you find that?!?

And for the West Coast Shootout.
Reports from Zak and Paule

Date: Sun, 13 Dec 98 00:55:54 -0800
From: Zak <zak at xaqtly.com>
Subject: Streets of Willow! (long)

OK then...

Had a good day at Streets today. There was the SE-R club (yaay!) the MR-2
club, the DSM club, a VW club and a few assorted other cars like
Mustangs, Camaros, 911s, 510s, Corollas, etc. Some of you know Mike Yepes
from this year's National SE-R meet in June. He's a Honda guy, with a
14.0 second NA GSR and he brought his project Civic DX with a GSR engine.
That's going to be a hell of a race car someday.  :)

So it was me, Tom Paule, Rob Cadle, Ken Nord, Sheening Lin, Jared
Holstein and Kyle Gilliland. Ken had a Prelude VTEC that he was driving
around today.

(lots of complaining about brake fluid fade deleted)

I haven't heard the official results of the timed lap we all did, but we
did a lot of unofficial timing ourselves, and my best lap was a 1:28, and
I had a lot of 1:29s. Kyle, on street tires, could rip off absolutely
consistant 1:27s.  :) I know Sheening had a 1:22, and Jared had a 1:23.
Everybody else was somewhere between Sheening and Kyle.

I hope I didn't screw up team Nismo's (as the open Track guys called us)
average with my timed lap, because I don't think it was a very good one.
My R-1s were too hot on that lap and they were starting to give out. Our
team was pitted against the DSM club and the MR-2 club for fastest lap
times. As it was looking last I saw, we were holding our own. A lot of
MR2s were doing 1:28s, and so were a lot of DSMs. There were a couple
very fast DSMs and I think one very fast MR-2. We'll see.

Zak Nilsson
'92 Classic SE-R, black
POP, STB