KYB AGX

John A. Heer johnheer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:36:47 CDT 2011

Matt Hunt wrote:
> After replacing the rear mount and swapping the rubber shift bushings
> for metal ones, I found the feel to be much improved.

I forgot to add one CON - I burn up way too many tires. I did the rear
mount and the shifter bushings and barely noticed anything. Maybe a
little more vibration, but not much else.

> A while back on one of the Mazda forums, there was an ongoing debate
> amongst a few road course folks about this. A couple guys did sessions
> with it on and with it off and the times were negligibly different. I
> suppose it's a more impactful difference when dodging cones. :)

I am sure that the ESC trick is not very useful to the road racing
guys because the computer only restricts power in 1st and 2nd. So
overriding the computer only helps those of us who have standing
starts - unless the road race is Formula 1, right? It makes a HUGE
difference in autocross because I need to get a good start and I spend
enough time in second (at least at the beginning of a course).

> I'm just pleased to see you approaching 100k, given your auto-x
> adventures. Do you ever send your oil to Blackstone?

I haven't tested the oil yet (have you?), but now that the MS3 is up
in miles, I will start doing so. I'll email you the results when I get
them.

John