KYB AGX

John A. Heer johnheer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 11:47:14 CDT 2011

Matts,

I am at ~95K, and I love the MS3. I rank it up there with the SE-R for
enjoyability, daily driving, and autocross. Quick summary:

PROS: stock power, excellent stock handling, space enough to fit my
bike in the back (back seats folded down), excellent D-Stock
competitor (but getting long in the tooth now), 28 mpg, stealthy,
aftermarket parts (haven't tried any except the Koni yellows), minimal
maintenance costs.

CONS: tranny and gearbox, premium gas, not AWD (big understeer).

[CONFIDENTIAL TIP - don't tell my DS competition]
If you hold down the ESC button before turning the key and hold for 3
seconds after ignition, the computer limitation on HP/TQ in 1st and
2nd gear is shut off (along with ESC and ABS). It's awesome at the
start line in an autocross. Spin till your heart is content. If you
don't do this, that computer limited power is a real drag (pun
intended) through 1 and 2.

John Heer