Recalls

Matt Hunt mhunt at ecin.net
Tue Apr 5 11:33:35 CDT 2011

On 4/5/2011 12:02 PM, wc701lists at bellsouth.net wrote:
> I don't think it's reasonable to expect a company to fix their products
> forever.

Of course, I don't expect that, either. However it happened at
90-something thousand miles on my first SE-R and the rude awakening was
on a bend on the interstate. I nearly lost control of the car, it was so
jarring. (Admittedly, I was going about 90 at the time.) Maybe I'm in
the minority mileage-wise but I don't think such a large driveability
issue should be dismissed.

Manufacturers seem to be more sensitive to these things now (eg. 95+
Toyota rust recall) but given the warranties of the day it's not a big
surprise in hindsight. Still annoys me though.

matt