Nissan truck recall

Kieran A. Lavin kieran at kieranlavin.com
Fri Nov 5 22:45:56 CDT 2010

Along the same lines of kudos to Nissan, I recently got a recall on my FX45.  The speedo has always been whacky and when I researched online, it turns out that this is a common problem.  No one had been able to get their dealers to admit a problem much less fix it.  I went two months ago prepared to wage war.  I had data.  The speedo was off (showing 75 when I was actually going 70).  I verified this with 3 or more speed signs on the side of the road, various pace cars alongside, an actual radar gun, 2 or more gps's, and finally a stopwatch and mile markers.  I went in and the dealer told me that Nissan was aware and were planning on fixing the problem but that dealer didn't have the software yet.  I have an appointment to have it fixed tomorrow.

Here's the real kicker though...  I received the recall notice the other day and not only are they fixing the speedo but they will roll back the odometer to accomodate for the error.  That and they will cover any out-of-warranty repairs that, with the rollback, will be within the warranty.  I have yet to hear of anyone attempting to collect under this but at least we have it in writing.  Wow

kieran