low-use oil change intervals

jaretr1 at aol.com jaretr1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 16:55:54 CDT 2010

You probably wont hurt it.  Most of the collector car magazines and things i read recommend changing oil in cars at least once a year, regardless of mileage.  And when you do drive it, to run it at least 30 minutes to make sure any water is burnt out of the oil.  My last oil change on my SE-R might have been about 1k miles, but was over a year.

Having said that, the biggest killer of a car from sitting is not dirty or old oil, its the sun wearing on anything and everything. So if the car is protected from the sun, having old oil probably is not going to hurt it.

My 91 SE-R sat for 2 months since I had driven it last and it cranked right up as it always does.

Jaret