Free SE-R

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 16 17:53:45 CDT 2010

Hey guys,  hope this is not a sore subject.  In the last year or three,
I have made some offers to try to get rid of this junk SE-R I have
sitting around.  And so far I have always dropped the ball and not gone
through with deals.  My apologies, but I've had some pretty f**** up
stuff going on in the last few.

Anyway:
* 1993 SE-R, grey, ~118K miles.
* Location:  near Asheville, NC.  Punch zip 28760 in your favorite mapper.
* This car puked a front main seal, lost a bunch of oil in a short time,
and seems to have damaged a rod bearing.  The standard "in car bearing
swap" along with a new main seal would likely fix it.
* Unfortunately, it's been sitting outside for like 6 years, and has
deteriorated BADLY.  Mice got in the thing.  The heater / AC core seems
to be full of mouse sewage.  Water was leaking in somewhere.  I pulled
and discarded all the trunk lining and carpet two years ago.  Seats are
stored inside garage.  There is mildew on much of the inside.

This might make a good gutted race car, but doubtful it could be
restored to a steetable car.  I just really need the thing out of the
way.  "free to a good home".  i would prefer someone to try to come pick
it up, rather than having to mess with a transporter.

I hate the idea of sending it to a junkyard, but I'm at that point.  The
transmission in it was working fine before its troubles sidelined it.
No 5th gear problems or anything.  Those alone used to sell for a few
hundred $$$.

Driveability is questionable.  I think if it had a battery stuck in it,
some oil and fresh gas, it could be driven enough to get it onto a
trailer.  Not sure.

-Wayne Cox