5th gear pop-out History lesson.

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Sat May 16 10:49:34 CDT 2009

I got into some sort of argument about 5th gear pop-out, it's causes,
the proper fix, etc. on the forums and out of it came a detailed "How
To" for recognising and replacing 5th gear popout. I'm really just
riding on the coat tails of Larry, and I was hoping those who went
through the early days could look over the "History" section of the
How-To to add whatever you'd like, correct what might be wrong, and set
people straight. People still come out of the wood work asking about 5th
gear pop-out so I decided finally to put something on the forum(s) where
people can go and learn.

Larry, I'd appreciate your input, and anyone else who has any tid bits
of info or corrections for me.

Here it is:
http://www.sr20-forum.com/general-maintenance/18390-how-recognise-repair-5th-gear-pop-out-b13-transmission.html#post239605

-Ben Fenner