Exhaust Leaks, Paste?

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Thu May 14 09:36:41 CDT 2009

Jon Pennington wrote:
> My G20 has a persistent leak that forms somewhere around the Hot Shot
> g4 header, original cat, and a VRS stainless exhaust.  The last time I
> had it looked at, a greasemonkey heated the studs with a torch,

Like Omer said....  the high-temp copper (colored) silicone works
wonders on problematic exhaust mating surfaces.  Use it with a gasket;
or two gaskets if the alignment is poor.  Squishable gaskets help
compensate for flanges out of square, etc.  Cat' converter heat might be
a little much for it but it still helps.  Also, be sure to use metal
gaskets on the cat' not cardboardy ones.

-Wayne