Exhaust Leaks, Paste?

Omer F. Khan ohmfab at comcast.net
Thu May 14 09:28:13 CDT 2009

In most auto parts stores you can find Hi-Temp Copper RTV which I have
used many times on exhaust joints.  I have even used it without a gasket
before and it will hold a long time.  Of course, you should use a gasket
and just apply it to both sides of the gasket.

If you have a hole in a muffler or a leak that is not a joint then you
can find some putty stuff which you just work a bit like play-dough and
apply it to the hole.  I haven't tried this stuff but some friends have
used it for a quick fix.

Omer Khan
'92 SE-R - Daily driver turned 250k the other day.
'93 Range Rover Classic - Resto in progress
'99 Volvo S80 - Highway mile muncher