Convention

Torry Skurski ezcheese15 at yahoo.com
Fri May 1 13:31:27 CDT 2009

Bare with me, I'm still on the digest version of this list LOL....

Apparently Kieran and Ray have already chimed in on why the convention is changing, but I'll just add my two cents.  Like they said, the "SE-R" or "SR20" convention of the past (whatever you want to call it), was pretty much extinct by the Vegas convention.  I worked with Joe on bringing it back this year in Savannah by bringing in some new faces from NICO.  But I had a hard time getting too many people interested, because it still was being called the SR20 Convention.  Like Kieran said, most of us have newer cars now other than our SE-R's.  Just like the convention changed to adopt the QR SE-R's, it needs to change again to adopt more people.

Anyway, the point is, I want to see the convention grow, and I'm sure most of you guys do to.  The only way to do that is bring in other cars.  And as for NICO backing it, that's just going to give us more leeway to get bigger venues.  I mean heck, next year we're doing Road America.  And it's just us, not sharing with any non-Nissan groups.  It's still the same convention as it always has been.  I'm the one putting it together and I know what SE-R conventions are all about...I've been to all of them LOL.  So anyway, don't worry, it's going to be awesome.

Torry