2009 SR20 National Convention

Matt Hunt mhunt at ecin.net
Tue Jan 20 18:08:36 CST 2009

Happy New Year, list. Since this hasn't been posted yet I figure I'll
toss it out there.

The annual convention tradition continues from March 27-29 in Savannah,
GA with the 2009 SR20 National Convention. Should be fun, the track day
is an unprecedented $99!

Here is the link straight to registration/more info:
http://www.gspec.com/p-7406-sr20-national-convention-registration.aspx

And for the text-centric and lazy, here is the info straight from the site:

Friday, Mar 27th: Track Day at Roebling Road

This years track day will be held at Roebling Road Raceway, just outside
Savannah. Open to drivers and spectators alike. Drivers cars will be
expected to pass tech inspection and helmets will be required for
drivers and passengers. There will be a minimum age for passengers and
they must have a helmet to ride along. This will be a fun day and
everyone should look forward to attending. Rental cars will be allowed
on track, so be sure to pick a good one.

Saturday, Mar 28th: Free day to explore

This will be an open/free day to explore the city or surrounding area.
There are a lot of cool things to do and see in the area.

Sunday, March 29th: Picnic at Fort McAllister State Park

This years picnic will be held @ Fort McAllister Historic Park. There
will be a $3 vehicle entry fee into the park, payed when you enter. We
will have an area set aside for our car show and the picnic will be
catered by an outstanding local caterer. There will be judging for the
car show and there will be a raffle. Raffle tickets will be $5 each, or
5 for $20.

Fort McAllister is also home to an awesome Civil War Museum and Historic
Site. As a group we will be able to tour and view these attractions for
$3 per person. We can also arrange a guided tour with a ranger if booked
in advance.

HOTEL INFO:

Cambria Suites
50 Y. Johnson Hagins Drive
Savannah, GA, 31408
Phone: (912) 965-9595
Fax: (912) 965-9596

We will be staying at the Cambria Suites at the Savannah Airport. The
number is 912-965-9595 and our group code is “SRTN”. The front desk will
get you the group rate as long as you tell them you are with the SR20
group on the last weekend in March. We secured a rate of $109 per night
for either a single king or double queen suite. All suites have a sofa
bed in the living room as well. The breakfast buffet is also included in
our rate. The convention rate is valid for Thursday, Friday, Saturday,
and Sunday depending on your travel schedule.

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTE: We have secured this rate for everyone who
registers by January 27th, 2009. After that date, reservations will be
accepted on a space availability basis at the standard rate of $129 per
night. We did this for 2 reasons. First, we did not want to guarantee
paying for rooms that went unused. And second, the hotel wanted time to
rent the rooms that we did not use. Remember that you don't pay until
you arrive, so get your reservations in now.