radio head unit hacking; exhaust center section.

Matt Hunt mhunt at ecin.net
Fri Oct 17 15:54:53 CDT 2008

davidpertuz at mindspring.com wrote:
> Have any one of y'all hacked an OE radio to provide an AUX input
> jack? I don't know what the workings of those radio are like, but it
> seems pretty reasonable that there is some sort of signal input line
> or circuit that you could splice a line into, then run it out the
> back of the casing and out to the console somewhere. I've to a spare
> '91 radio to practice on if I can find it.

Check out Make: at http://makezine.com. I did a quick search on "aux
input car stereo" and there are a bunch of hits. You could poke through
some of those projects and see (in detail) how people went about hacking
their car radios. It's a great geeky site for lots of other DIY projects
as well.

matt