Starting issues

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Tue Aug 26 08:53:44 CDT 2008

Same thing happened to me. Realized when I put a new starter in that the
starter wasn't the isssue. I was missing all engine grounds at that point.

-Ben Fenner
1994 Black SE-R (don't ask)
1994 Black SE-R (stock bliss)

Lawrence Weeks wrote:
  On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Wayne <wc701lists at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>i think people have also reported starters not grounding to the engine
>block adequately, though it seems like a stretch to me.

  That was me. I swapped starters, rebuilt one, to no avail. Then
  noticed lots of corrosion/crap on the block. Used a wire brush cleaned
  it up nice and shiny on both block and starter... fixed it right up.
  No more starting issues.

  Larry