NX2000 Exhaust

R. Blair Judson purenergy at excite.com
Sun Feb 3 21:12:52 CST 2008

 +1. We used the 2.5 stainless piping kit on Melissa's SE-R. I had heard/read that the mufflers VRS supplies are rather loud. Instead we ordered the piping kit and made a trip down to Summit Racing for a magnaflow resonator and a Borla muffler. It's quiet enough on the freeway that I slept for the better part of a trip down to Mid-O. I can dig up the p/n's of the parts we used if you want them Greg. --- On Sun 02/03, Tim Rogers < timprogers at gmail.com > wrote:
From: Tim Rogers [mailto: timprogers at gmail.com]To: Cc: se-r at lists.deskmedia.comDate: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 15:16:45 -0500Subject: Re: NX2000 ExhaustI agree with what Mark Holden wrote, the VRS stuff that I saw on Jerry Eads' VE equipped Classic looked and sounded really nice.As with any straight-through exhaust, it is not quiet on its own. Jerry had added an Apex'i throttle plate style adjustable silencer that is placed after the cat and is controled by a cable in the cockpit. It is fairly effective and of course, totally user controlled but probably a bit of a pain if you needed to keep adjusting it.Jerry had mentioned to me that Andreas Miko had reccomended the use of Apex'i's spring loaded silencer that is bolted into the exit of one of thier Fart-Can style mufflers. It closes under low flow / back pressure during cruise and opens up as flow & pressure increase with throttle position.So, possibly the best combination would be the VRS piping, the longest possible resonator as
Steve mentioned and capped off by an Apex'i muffler with the optional active silencer.Tim RogersMark Holden wrote:>I can only comment on the build quality, as I ordered mine as just> pre-welded piping in 2.5", no resonator, no muffler, and put a> straight-through Magnaflow on it (it's a dedicated competition> vehicle). Anyhow, it was well designed, thick-walled tubing, and> fit perfectly.>> So, the build quality is top-notch. I can't comment on the noise> of their pre-configured systems though.>> -Mark>> On Feb 3, 2008 12:04 PM, Greg Amy wrote:>> 'Bout the only quality stuff I've been able to find on>> the forum is from VRS; any feedback on build quality>> and noise with that one?> +----------------------------------------------------------------------+> The mailing list home page is http://www.se-r-list.org/> To modify your subscription, go to http://lists.deskmedia.com/se-r/