NX2000 Exhaust

Tim Rogers timprogers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 14:16:45 CST 2008

I agree with what Mark Holden wrote, the VRS stuff that I saw on Jerry Eads'
VE equipped Classic looked and sounded really nice.
As with any straight-through exhaust, it is not quiet on its own.  Jerry had
added an Apex'i throttle plate style adjustable silencer that is placed
after the cat and is controled by a cable in the cockpit.  It is fairly
effective and of course, totally user controlled but probably a bit of a
pain if you needed to keep adjusting it.
Jerry had mentioned to me that Andreas Miko had reccomended the use of
Apex'i's spring loaded silencer that is bolted into the exit of one of thier
Fart-Can style mufflers.  It closes under low flow / back pressure during
cruise and opens up as flow & pressure increase with throttle position.
So, possibly the best combination would be the VRS piping, the longest
possible resonator as Steve mentioned and capped off by an Apex'i muffler
with the optional active silencer.

Tim Rogers