cleaning soiled headliners

Mark Holden mark at mnautosport.com
Sun Jan 6 22:16:43 CST 2008

I've cleaned the headliner before with the upholstery brush portion of
a carpet cleaner.  It works alright, except if you forget to use a
very light touch, you can leave lines in the liner.

Depending on the age, it could encourage the headliner to separate and
sag though.  Mine never had any problems, but it hasn't been my car
for 4 years or so now.  My current SR20 hasn't got a headliner, or any
other of those frills :)