While we're talking about tires.

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 1 17:51:05 CST 2007

At 03:45 PM 3/1/2007, Ben Fenner wrote:
>Am I the only one upset that I can't find 225/45/15 or 215/45/15
>road use tires?

A friend recently pointed me to these
guys:  http://www.edgeracing.com  saying they had some really low
prices on street & race t'ars.  They even list 3 in those sizes.

>I was also wondering, is it likely a 225/25/15 would fit on a 7"
>wide wheel, or is 215 about the widest I can expect to mount?
>(Assuming someone made them.)

It would probably fit, but it might be better to stay at 215.  The
suspension geometry on our cars doesn't keep the patch at that great
a position anyway, so it might not do much good.  And a
properly-sized tire (not over-sized) will often keep a better 'patch
as well.  And staying light-weight is always goo, too.

    -Wayne  '06 RSX-S / 93 SE-R / 93 NK2k / 90 Miata / '07 Scion tC