A Plug for PLMS, downUnder (Sr ECU tuning products and services)

Kevin J. Hart bowlcut at comcast.net
Thu Nov 2 20:47:22 CST 2006

wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net wrote:
> Calum was just here at my place two weeks ago, and is doing an ECU for
> a local buddy, and as much as I thought he *really* knew his shit from
> what I read on the 'net, I'm that much more impressed having met him.
> One really cool thing too -- he has a ROM adapter "daughter board"
> that also includes an RS232 interface -- those have been available as
> an external box to plug into the diag' port, but bundling the two is a
> great idea.
>
> On the other hand, I think PLMS has a board that lets you bank-switch
> between 4 or more ROM programs, which Calum said he didn't wanna mess
> with.

All i gota say is try being up at like 2am in his "office" where he
builds the boards and have him spout off using the scope to figure out
this or that on the ecu and hey look at this board i designed it will do
this magic thing of making your motor turn to molten gold and go like
stink....  Or I just needed more sleep.  I just like his garage for a
place to leave the NX up on jackstands for a month.  Not wanting to mess
with ROM switching is an interesting thing....but given the time hes
putting into b14 development....thats been the biggest holdback.  I dont
see him not messing with it for too long...given his love of tinkering
with the board....give it time.

-Kevin