Driver-side engine mount problems.

wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Thu May 25 22:31:40 CDT 2006

At 11:11 PM 5/25/2006, Ben Fenner wrote:
>So this is the final word? I am to bust out the drill? I'm not
>against drilling and tapping. I just thought I'd see if there were
>any other bright ideas out there.

I dunno man....  I used to work at an aerospace manufacturing
company, and IIRC heli-coils were considered stronger than plain
tapped threads.  We put them in aluminum and steel.  I think the end
of the "frame horn" as I've heard it called is open if you remove the
entire friggin' bumber assembly, which might allow welding the other
side.  No good suggestions, really.

If you tapped it one diameter over could you still get the bolt
through the bracket?

    -Wayne  '06 RSX-S / 93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata