E-Brake problems

Raymond Kawski sr20de at e-rak.com
Sat Jul 9 08:31:26 CDT 2005

On Fri,  8 Jul 2005 17:52:15 -0500, Ian Lyn wrote

> You have to swap cables. The cable is pretty much binded up. I had
> to replace mine after it kept freezing up this past winter. It is

This is a rare one.  The best way to check, which I guess I should have
mentioned earlier, is to remove the ebrake cable from the sticking caliper.
If when you remove it is still stuck on then it's the caliper.  For a while
what I did was just take a BFH and hit the arm until it released.  Then I
just didn't use the ebrake for a while.  :)

I rarely use the damn thing anyhow.

RK
--
Raymond A. Kawski