Tranny leak

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Wed Jul 6 01:28:37 CDT 2005

> I notived when I park my car for several days, it leaks a lot of fluid. When I drive it daily, just get drip or two. Any ideas?

I can't imagine it's not leaking as much (it's probably leaking more)
when you drive it. I assume the road grime builds up and catches the
leakage when you drive it regularly, and so you're not noticing how much
it leaks. That, and you're leaking all over town... Another thing that
you wouldn't be able to see.

If you are in fact losing more fluid while the car is at rest, I don't
have any idea as to what might be happening. As far as leaks go, the
best thing you can do is clean the area extremely well, and wait for the
leak to start again making note of where the fluid is coming from. Mine
personally leaks from the reverse switch, but your leak could be many
things.

How come you can't get your fill plug out? Do you not have the right
tool, or have you butchered it somehow?

-Ben Fenner
1994 Black SE-R