Driver side axle

geo3 at earthlink.net geo3 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 5 10:46:23 CDT 2005

Wayne Cox wrote:

>Be careful there... I've had to beat the CRAP out of axles to get them to
>seat in.

I've never had to beat the crap out of them.  I have tried that method
before (without success), but what I've found to work wonders is to wiggle
the inner CV joint while turning the halfshaft and pressing in.  Even when
I've had a very hard time using other methods, this has always worked for
me.  My guess is the circlip just needs a little help getting centered
(hence the wiggling and turning) and it usually goes right in.  On rare
occasion I've needed to tap the end of the halfshaft with a hammer, but not
all that hard actually.

George Roffe