scc b13 project car (not really)

davidpertuz at mindspring.com davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 27 12:38:46 CST 2005

>Nice purchase, hope you have an open trailer. :)  IMO Nissan has over rated
>the towing capacity on both.  6500lbs is the most I want to haul with my
>Titan.  I don't want to see how slow it is pulling more.  :)

A friend towed my Fiat from Atlanta to Detroit on a dolly (2400lbs. + ~1000 lbs) behind
her Buick Rendezvous (3500lb. capacity) and it was so close to capacity that she couldn't
get up the hill my mom's house is on without a rolling start! I was sweating bullets that
she'd get to the Monteagle grade outside Chattanooga and wouldn't make it.

SE-R content:

Still dirving the never-seen-a-winter Texas G20 because doing a water pump in the cold
sucks. After the engine swap in the G, which took a while but was pretty straightforward,
I have actually thought of dropping the powertrain out of my SE-R to do a sort of overhaul.
The engine is strong and burns no oil, but at 208k a refresh would take care of things for a
long time, esp. since the body is almost completely rust-free. I could replace a lot fo the
rubber, esp. the stuff under the intake that's hard to get at, clean things up, new rod
bearings, rack bushings, etc. Does this strike anybody as excessive?

Rust question: the one rust spot on the car is on the panel that the driver's door hinges
bolt to, just above the lower hinge. I don't think it was caused by leaves, etc. in that crevice,
as i tlooks like it started form the inside out. Is this where the sunroof drains, or does it drain
down one of the b-pillars?

David