5th gear replacement tools?

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Sun Feb 6 12:55:10 CST 2005

In preperation for replacing my failed 5th gear I was reading over the
FSM. How many of the recommended tools will I actually need?
 From the looks of it, I absolutely need a press, and the press tool to
remove the main shaft bearing. Is this true?

If someone will experience inside our transmissions could give me a
holler, that'd be great. I want to start ordering parts soon so I can
fix this over spring break, but only if I know I'll be able to perform
the installation. I only plan on replacing the 5th gear and the
accompanying part, and seals of course. I do not need to doa full
rebuild (I hope).

Thanks.

-Ben Fenner
1994 Black SE-R