pads & nx2k ad22vf conversion

jerryeads at upthecreek.com jerryeads at upthecreek.com
Wed Jan 26 07:30:10 CST 2005

Forgotten how to do this - if it doesn't get there, ce'st la
vie.
Noticed the discussion on pads and upgrades-
If you're lucky, you can find an nx2k in the do it yourself
yards - I got VERY lucky and am the owner of the calipers
and hardware at $10 apiece.  The kits are cheap, so I'm out
at most $15-20 for rebuilt calipers.
  LOTS of compulsive research later, have decided to do
Carbotech Bobcat ceramic pads.  The Carbotech engineer is
very helpful and FAR more honest than you'd expect for the
'average' retailer.  Very helpful people.
  They right now have nx2k front pads and ROTORS for $130 a
set, making for a VERY small cost for the rotors compared to
the $109 pad retail. I suspect this makes at least as good a
package as going out and buying the powerslot rotors at $$$$
then Axxis pads (which are as far as I know great stuff;
Carbotech sells them as their bottom end pad). I could find
no particular performance advantage to spending the extra
bucks on the powerslots given even 'spirited' street use.
They seem to be an excellent product - just no advantage
over good quality aftermarket stock rotors (CERTAINLY don't
need to spend the $100+ apiece for stocks at the
dealership).
  I couldn't figure out how to determine final f/r balance
beforehand even with all the discussion on the different
lists and forums; I'm just going to turn my stock rears
(same size as on the nx2k but I don't know how they
proportioned them with the nx2k abs) and slip in the
Carbotech Bobcats.
  Don't forget, the stock SE-R wheels will rub on nx2k
calipers unless you shave something.