Starter Woes

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Mon Dec 6 14:30:38 CST 2004

It's also possible that the starter to block mating surfaces are
corroded/rusted causing the starter to fail to ground. I bought a new
starter and installing it, only to find it didn't work, and my old
starter bench tested fine.. The problem ended up being my ground... I've
also seen this problem many times on our cars and others. I leads me to
believe starters new die. But that just may be your case David. I don't
know. You might be able to get the front of the car high enough in the
air to try to "jump" the starter while it's still in place...

I'll go get that saw once you truely find the problem,
-Ben Fenner
1994 Black SE-R