Starter Woes

Wayne wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 6 14:18:45 CST 2004

At 02:57 PM 12/6/2004, you wrote:
>One thing that I just remembered - when I turn the key, there is just a
>single click from the solenoid (sorry, that's what I ment to say), not a
>whole bunch of them - that is normal for a working relay, isn't it?

Don't know for sure on that.  I think the repeat clicking vs single might
be how much voltage os being delivered, and if the load of the solenoid is
enough to cause it to drop off as soon as it atempts to engage.

Also...  correction on my starter parts post.  Looks like it was Advance
Auto, not Auto Zone.  They have brushes for $24 (I'm guessing these only
fit the Hitachi) and a solenoid for $44 (guessing it only fits the Mitsu'
starter.)

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '90 Miata