Hotshot Gen 6 header

Raymond Kawski sr20de at e-rak.com
Wed Dec 1 14:11:01 CST 2004

On Wed,  1 Dec 2004 04:28:04 -0600, Chris Pronios wrote

Having actually dyno tested a few configurations I can give you facts on it.

> 1. Gen6 does not hurt anything when compared to prior HS generations
> (5 and down). The LEAST yu can expect is no gain at all versus Gen5.

On cars equipped with less then C series or S5 cams and non-VE this is true.

> 2. Gen6 DOES offer significant gains if you use large cams and/or
> large ID freeflowing exhaust.

The exhaust size doesn't matter if you are using small cams.  On larger cams
or VE it actually makes more power with a larger exhaust.  Prior headers did
not yeild any gains with a larger exhaust.

> 3. Has the advantage it can be used with a VE if there is one in
> your future.

True!

> 4. Probably you cannot keep your AC in there if you still have one.

Custom lines or bending the lines would be required.

> http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=96381&highlight=gen6

My dyno charts are in this link.

RK
--