Brake clunking???

Bissland, James James.Bissland at airnz.co.nz
Fri Jun 25 22:32:21 CDT 2004

Hi All

Ive got a small clunk coming from up front every time a tap the brake. At
first I thought it might have been something loose, but I've checked
everything. The pad are the right size and dont move around.
It almost sound to me as if the piston slightly retracts when driving, and
when I hit the brakes, the piston has to move 1/8" and slaps the pad onto
the disk.....But again, Ive checked that too.
Is there  anything in the master servo, or shuttle valve that could be
making the clunking noise?
Its a non-ABS model

Pleeeease help me!!!
Thanks,
James

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.