odometer stopped working

Jon Davis turboser at comcast.net
Sat May 8 21:38:47 CDT 2004

Heh... nice timing. I just fixed that today on my '96 Max. Odo would
randomly work for a couple miles, then quit for a couple hundred. The speedo
worked and I didn't get a CEL. The odo and speedo are controlled on the same
circuit so you don't have a loose wire. In my case the little stepper motor
that turns the odo quit. You have 2 choices... get a new gauge cluster from
Nissan ($221 locally) or go to a junkyard and DIY like I did. I swapped the
motors and it appears to be working fine now. I can send some pics and a
howto if you like.

Jon Davis