B14 Suspension

George Roffe geo3 at earthlink.net
Tue May 4 23:10:26 CDT 2004

Jason Nicholson wrote:

>I live in western NY and drive the car year round.

I'm sorry for your car. ;-)

I'm a Rochester native and my SE-R did 3 winters in Rochester.  It's still
suffering from them.  Where are you from?

>I've read and heard about the Tein Super Street set-up.  But wouldn't I be
>nuts to drive nice coilovers like that in the winter?

Oxidation on any bare aluminum could become a problem, but with weekly
attention (you wash your car once a week in the winter don't you?), you
should be able to mitigate any problems.  I could actually be pretty
cool.  You could have summer springs and winter springs.  In winter you
could get springs an inch longer and even raise the car an inch or two
higher than stock to get through some of the snow.  And you can get pretty
low rates too for a cushy ride in the winter as well.

George Roffe
Houston, TX  USA
http://www.nissport.com