B14 Suspension

Jason Nicholson jasonsnicholson at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 23:01:58 CDT 2004

Well, I found out today that the shocks on my 99 SE-L
have started to leak.  I had kinda suspected it, but
the timing isn't good b/c I also need to replace my
rotors & pads, and tires.  Oh well.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to what
suspension set-up I should go with?  I live in western
NY and drive the car year round.  I really like what
I've read and heard about the Tein Super Street
set-up.  But wouldn't I be nuts to drive nice
coilovers like that in the winter?  Wouldn't it ruin
them?  Or can I do something to protect them?  I also
checked Motivational's website.  I guess they
discontinued a lot of their suspension stuff due to
lack of demand.  I also noticed on one of the forums
that there was a recent Hyperco B14 spring run.  Those
sound good, but what shocks can I run with them that
won't bottom out?  And buy the time I buy the
Hyperco's and some decent shocks, would I be better
off going with the Tein Basic set-up.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Jason