Cooling system flush??

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Mon May 3 22:31:04 CDT 2004

>fill it until it comes out the bleed near the firewall.  Then I run it and
>refill it until it is topped off.  Not all SE-Rs have the bleed in the hose
>near the firewall, so you might have to separate the hose from the fitting
there to
>allow air to escape while filling.

Neither of my running cars ('93, '96) has any bleeding location other than
the one at the stat, and you don't really need to bleed it anywhere else. I
have bled both cars by using the screw at the stat, then filling it up to
the radiator neck (car has been jacked up, so this is conveniently the
higest point). After that, fire it up.

David