cruise control

Raymond Kawski sr20de at epix.net
Tue Apr 6 17:35:55 CDT 2004

On Mon,  5 Apr 2004 06:48:42 -0500, KIERAN A. LAVIN wrote

> front of the car) and the other is the cruise or ASCD cable (toward
> the firewall).  On my car, when I pull the throttle cable, it pulls
> the ASCD toggle as well.  On Jen's car, it doesn't.  On her car, if

Kieran I just checked this finally on my NX and the B14.  The
throttle and ascd are opposite from each other on the B13
and B14.   Both work the same that pulling the ASCD
cable pulls the throttle cable but pulling the throttle does
not pull the ASCD cable.  IIRC the B13 throttle is the
front one and the B14 throttle is the rear one.  While
the B13 ASCD is the rear one and the B14 ASCD is the front
one.  Check and make sure you didn't confuse the two as
if you didn't follow them back you could easily do that.

> I pull the ASCD cable a good bit (like a lot!) it starts to pull the
> throttle cable.  I don't *THINK* I want to adjust the ASCD cable all

You can adjust it.  You want only about 1/4" of diflection
in the cable at closed throttle.

RK
--
Raymond A. Kawski