cruise control

Nissan Power se-rdan at rogers.com
Mon Apr 5 21:22:23 CDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, kal8121 at oak.njit.edu wrote:

>By the actual 'toggle' I call it.  the sleeve or whatever I guess is what
>you're calling it... where the wire goes down between the ridges

That would be called the throttle drum or throttle lever.

> I've gone through the *ENTIRE* troubleshooting procedure in the FSM.  It
> seems to lead to a bad check valve on the pump (which would only make the
> cruise not shut *OFF*)  I have also put power across the proper terminals
> and gotten the pump to run and further to get the actuator to work and
> pull the wire so all of that seems to work.
> Everything *SEEMS* to work fine.  It just doesn't work!

kieran
These cruise controls are a pain to diagnois. I've seen a few that just
like yours; everything checks out, but it don't work. :-/
Two things I have found. Either the ascd contol unit (rare), or the pump
is not pulling hard enough to actually move the actuator (even though it
works when you test it).  If you have access to a hand vacuum pump,
apply vacuum to the actuator and see if it holds. If that's OK, then you
probably have a bad valve in the pump. Electrically it works, but they
leak.
If you know for sure that's OK, then it has to be the ASCD control unit. :(

One more thing; are you sure the speed sensor works properly? If it's
not 100% the cruise will not set (but the light shouldn't stay on
either) but I've seen stanger things.....

PS: I'm on digest.....

--

Dan
London ON.