cruise control

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121 at oak.njit.edu
Mon Apr 5 19:50:16 CDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Lawrence Weeks wrote:

> That sounds right. One my 92 NX, moving the throttle cable portion
> of the TB arm does not move the ASCD arm. Moving the ASCD arm though
> does move the other arm, as expected.

This is a bit weird... maybe I'm thinking of it / conveying it backwards.
However, on *MY* car (a B14... 95 200SX), I seem to remember that when I
pull the *THROTTLE* cable, the ASCD wire goes with it.  From what you're
saying and what Kevin Hart (thanks Kevin!) showed me in pictures, it's
opposite?!?  I think I see something in his pictures that I need to check
on the NX (won't see it till this weekend) that I had previously
suspected.  I'll keep everyone posted.

> Also, how are you pulling the cable for the ASCD? It is in the
> sleeve. Are you pulling the entire sleeve?

By the actual 'toggle' I call it.  the sleeve or whatever I guess is what
you're calling it... where the wire goes down between the ridges

> Have you tried putting this car up on stands/lift and seeing what
> actually happens?

Hehe... it has crossed my mind and maybe I'll actually have to try that.
I've gone through the *ENTIRE* troubleshooting procedure in the FSM.  It
seems to lead to a bad check valve on the pump (which would only make the
cruise not shut *OFF*)  I have also put power across the proper terminals
and gotten the pump to run and further to get the actuator to work and
pull the wire so all of that seems to work.  I also took the car out for a
drive with the multimeter hooked up to the clip/plug for the ASCD pump to
check to be sure that there's voltage going to the pump.  Sure enough, it
went to 12V when I activated the cruise and then hit the 'set' button.  It
went quickly before shutting itself down and disabling the cruise (the
light went off on the dash which doesn't happen with the ASCD pump hooked
up normally)  Everything *SEEMS* to work fine.  It just doesn't work!

kieran