SE-R Security System

Wes Thompson westanizer@yahoo.com
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:29:07 -0600

That annoying horn problem happened to my 98.  I sure was making a lot of new
friends with my horn going off all the time!  There is a TSB for that.  There
are 4 springs and plastic insulators in the horn mechanism that need to be
replaced. They are about 5 dollars total for the parts.  You must also get 2
new airbag bolts.  This is extremely important since they are coated with a
special chemical.  You will need to get an airbag wrench which is a T-50 tamper
resistant torx that has a hole in the center.  I found one at ACE hardware.

Disconnect the battery!  Remove the bolts on either side of the airbag and
disconnect the connector to the airbag to remove it.  You will see the springs
and insulators you have to replace once you get the airbag off.  Replace them
and reinstall the airbag with NEW bolts.

It is a piece of cake and takes about 15 minutes tops.  Good luck!

-Wes