Was: Strange transmission feel. Now:Outlaw Engineering

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:53:04 -0600

I'm absolutely hoping that's all it is - I'll find
out what the spring looks like around 1-2pm
today.

As a side note, considerably more positive,
I decided that even if it's not that, and I have
to swap the transmission in from the parts
car, that the best HP/$ ratio I could find for
my N/A SE-R would be outlaw engineering's
thermoblock spacer kit.

For $121 shipped, I'm looking se-riously
forward to an extra 9.1 whp and 6.9 ft-lbs.
of torque on a dyno.  Since my car won't
make it near a dyno before and after, I'm
hoping the carefully calibrated butt dyno
finds it equally pleasing.

That's (rounded) $13.3/hp and $17.54/ft-lb.,
including shipping/handling.

Not bad - considering a hotshot gen 5 header
most other bolt-ons cost quite a bit more per
HP, excepting Nitrous - I guess you can get
near 100 HP at least on a good wet nitrous kit
for around $1000 - but hey - that's a grand ;).

I needed a HP toy, because my transmission
feels funky *chuckle*.

Pete

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>