Strange transmission feel.

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 07:14:56 -0600

All,

It seems like most of the other issues I've
ever had with my car seem to be centered
around elective modifications, and never
seemed so terribly important as this new one.

About 2 days ago, my shifter started feeling
*very* loose, even unsprung, in 1,2,3,4.

5 and Reverse seem tight as ever, but the
shifter just lolls around in 1,2,3, and 4.

I was thinking initially that maybe the return
to center spring just came loose, or slipped,
but now I'm scared something a lot more
serious happened - like something funky
with the transmission.

I've had a short shifter installed now for
about 3-4 months.  I'm not sure yet, but
it almost seems like whatever guides the
shifter internal on the transmission has
given way.

Any ideas?  I'll be looking at the shifter
mechanism itself this early afternoon, but
I'm getting this sinking feeling I'm not going
to find anything there.

Pete

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>