The VE's are coming

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 19:51:11 -0600

VEs have a distributor, only the newest ones are distributor less, the
SR20VET has no distributor in the newest X-trail. I don't think FWD engine
will work in a 510 as the thermostat housing is going to hit the firewall.
The coolant passage that goes behind the block would have to be re-routed,
or possibly repleaced with a RWD one- if it bolts up. In order to use a FWD
engine U also have to remove the distributor cause it will hit the firewall-
so then U have to go to a stand alone ECU- like a Electromotive setup with
coil packs, or Motec, SDS or something that uses a crank trigger wheel for
fireing the idividual coil packs. FWD engine will not work, and amount of
work required to make it work would make the swap as expensive as putting in
a RWD DET into a 510. KA is not a bad motor, especially when turbocharged-
I'm building one up for my friend right now for his 97 S14, it will be able
to hold 400WHP with no problems, and its torque curve is gonna look like no
SRs curve, it will be a torque curve from hell- with lots of low end power
to spool the turbo up, a .82AR exhaust housing stage 3 wheel, super 60 comp
TO4E spools up as fast as lets say GTi-R T28 on a BBird or GTi-R DET. Don't
diss the KA, its a motor that the Spec V shoulda gotten- ask any Nissan
mechanic and they will tell ya- KA is the best motor out of all 4 bangers to
work on, and its super reliable with plenty rolling around with over 300K
miles in my area ! I will go even further as saying it will probably last
longer than a SR20 for daily driving.
Mike Jez
01 Max - VQ30 powered
00 Altima GXE- KA powered